Ames, IA – Attendance 40,540
Oklahoma State Cowboys 34 Iowa State Cyclones 8
AMES, Iowa – No. 18 Oklahoma State racked up 473 yards of total offense, including 206 yards rushing and three touchdowns from back Keith Toston, in its 34-8 victory over Iowa State Saturday afternoon in Jack Trice Stadium.
Iowa State – The Good
1. Collin Franklin looked healthy and was more involved in the offense with 4 catches for 46 yards.
2. Josh Lenz had a good day as a returner, breaking a long kick return (56) and a nice punt return (23)
3. The kick coverage was very good holding the top rated Cowboy return game to 18 yards/return.
4. The Cyclones were able to get some much needed playing time for some backups, including Jeremy Reeves, Jake Knott, Roosevelt Maggitt, Cleyon Laing and Jake McDonough.
Iowa State – The Bad
1. Oklahoma State had 473 total yards and 29 first downs.
2. The Cowboys dominated time possession holding it for two-thirds of the game (39:38 to 20:22)
3. OSU rushed for 331 yards (Keith Toston had a huge day with 25 carries, 206 yards and 3 touchdowns)
4. The Cyclone offense managed just 13 first downs, had just 54 rushing yards and Austen Arnaud was picked off three times.
5. Iowa State’s defense did not cause any turnovers.
Cyclones Top Performers
Josh Lenz – 1 catch for 22 yards, 3 kick returns for 113 yards and 1 punt return for 23 yards
James Smith – 12 tackles